[Faith-talk] Good Night Message for April 16 2012

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 03:44:56 UTC 2012

Hello and good evening to you all, especially for those of us in North America.  I hope and pray that, as you retire for the night to bed, that your sleep will be sweet and that God will enfold you in His loving arms.

Most of you know about this, but there are some individuals on this list who don't and, for their sakes, I'd like to fill you in.  The program director for the Interactive Christian Community or ICC, Curtis Martin of Woodbridge VA, is going into a local hospital's emergency room tomorrow morning for heart surgery.  It seems that in 2007 when he had a previous heart operation the surgeons didn't do a good job of it.  Last week he had an echocardiogram which showed a leakage of blood around a stent inserted, permitting only 45% of blood to be pumped by his heart.  In addition Curtis is suffering from asthma.  His wife Trin is also having some problems of which we are not aware.  And, to add to the problems, they have to prepare their five children, ranging in ages from almost two years (baby Carolyn) to the oldest, Philip, almost ten years old, for their father's going into the hospital.  So please keep them all in your prayers, even if you don't know them.  Those of us who do have grown to really love that little family.  The undersigned has even met them twice in person.  On their behalf, thanks for your prayers, as I know that Curtis would appreciate them.

Our Scripture for this evening is from the book of Isaiah 60:19-22 which, in the New King James Version, is rendered as follows: "The sun shall no longer be your light by day, nor for brightness shall the moon give light to you; but the LORD shall be to you an everlasting light, and your God your glory.  Your sun shall no longer go down, nor shall your moon withdraw itself; for the LORD will be your everlasting light, and the days of your mourning shall be ended.  Also your people shall all be righteous; they shall inherit the land forever, the branch of My planting, the work of My hands, that I may be glorified.  A little one shall become a thousand, and a small one a great nation.  I, the LORD, will hasten it in its time."

Interesting words those, especially the last ones.  It appears from the text that, as the time for this prophecy to come true for us, that He will perhaps shorten the days or maybe even hurry things along.

And now, as stated previously, let's all gather together in the Lord's presence as we hopefully will enjoy sweet dreams and a tranquil sleep.  Your Christian brother, Paul Barnabas