[Faith-talk] Good Night Message for April 18 2012

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 02:20:16 UTC 2012

Good evening all you wonderful saints of the Most High God.  Now I can hear some of you probably saying, "But I'm not so wonderful and, as for being a saint, you can forget that." Well, if some of you are perhaps thinking if not voicing those sentiments, let me ask you a question.  Do you think that God, who created you in His image and likeness (Genesis 1:27) will ever forget you? I would say not.  Let's look at a lump of clay.  Now I don't know if any of you here are into ceramics at all but, if some of you are, you lavish special attention on that particular piece of work you are doing with that lump of clay.  So it is with our heavenly Father and His Son Jesus Christ, especially if we individually have accepted Him as our personal Lord and Savior.  Think about that as you retire for the night.

Our Scripture for this evening is from Psalm 40:4-5 which, in the New King James Version, is rendered as follows: "Blessed is that man who makes the LORD his trust, and does not respect the proud, nor such as turn aside to lies.  Many, O LORD my God, are Your wonderful works which You have done; and Your thoughts toward us cannot be recounted to You in order; if I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered."

May these random thoughts of mine and the words from Holy Scripture minister to you this evening.  And now let's retire for the night, if in fact you aren't a night owl, rejoicing in the knowledge that we individually and collectively are, to use the name of a contemporary Christian group, "jars of clay." Your Christian brother, Paul Barnabas