[Faith-talk] Good Night Message for Thursday, April 19

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 02:17:00 UTC 2012

Hello and good evening to you all, especially if you reside in North America.  I hope and pray that, by God's matchless grace and His providential care, that you all will have a peaceful and restful sleep this night.  For the rest of you in different parts of the world, I hope that your day is going well or, if you get this message in Britain or on the European continent, that Friday will be a good day for you.

Our words of inspiration this evening come not from the Bible, but from the words of a poem by Regina Wiencek entitled "A Chosen Vessel." I've always admired poetry by women over men, for what reason I don't know.  Anyway here are the words.

Have you walked in the midst of trouble,
Were your nights so lonely and long?
Have you spent much time in weeping,
With your heart deprived of a song?
Have you greeted the new morn with sighing,
Day after dawning day?
Oh, weary one, take courage,
Your troubles are not here to stay.

Though you walk in the midst of a furnace,
Tested and tried, day untold,
You will emerge from the fire
Unharmed and purer than gold.
With a heart that is filled with compassion
And a precious love, not your own;
Your feet will bring good tidings
To others who have not known
The joy that comes with surrender
To the Christ of Calvary,
Who died to give us our pardon
For time and eternity.

And there you have it for this evening.  May Regina's words minister to you as they ministered to me.  And don't forget about last night.  Since we are all individual jars of clay, let's all get together and squeeze each other into the mold that Christ intended us to be.  I'll do it for you, if you do it for me.  Good night, sweet dreams and let's enjoy our time enfolded in the arms of our heavenly Father.  Your Christian brother, Paul Barnabas