[Faith-talk] FW: [thefamilyoffaith] Tragedy

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Fri Apr 20 10:10:57 UTC 2012

Here, here!

Original Message:
From: "thefamilyoffaith" <TheFamilyofFaith at tampabay.rr.com>
To: <thefamilyoffaith at yahoogroups.com>,
<INTERCESSORS-ALLNATIONS at yahoogroups.com>,
<dfpprayerwarriors at suddenlink.net>, <unitedprayermail at aol.com>,
<CcHhEeSsTtEeRr at yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [thefamilyoffaith] Tragedy
Date:
Fri, 20 Apr 2012 06:09:25 -0400

Tragedy

Tragedy - If there is a God, why doesn't God prevent it?
When searching for meaning in tragedy, you may ask God why. Perhaps you
have some rudimentary teaching about a God who created you; a God who loves
you and is supposed to care for you. If such a God exists, then why doesn't
He do something to stop the senseless tragedies from happening to those you
love -- from rocking your world?

God never promises that those who love Him will never suffer, but He does
promise that He will be there and that He will turn what looks like the
ashes of life into something beautiful; something that will last for all
eternity.

There is a God and He really does care for you. He also cares about the
suffering that happens throughout the whole world. The problem is that man
made a choice, a long time ago, to rebel against the One who created him
and, using his freedom to choose, took control of his own life. That choice
resulted in the corruption of God's perfect creation, and the entrance of
disobedience and sin into the world. With sin, came sickness, disease, and
senseless tragedy. Millions of people today commit this very same sin. They
chose to live their way and to reject God's. Most go even further and
refuse to accept Jesus as their Savior and the consequences of their sine
bring tragedy upon themselves and upon their children.

You can read about the creation and fall of man in the early chapters of
the book of Genesis, the very first book of God's written word to man.
History and God's Word, both record that God did do something to offer an
alternative to mankind. In the first four books of the New Testament,
Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, you can read about God's plan. His plan
involves redemption, saving those who make the right choice to return to
Him and honor Him as God. In the meantime, God promises His grace, His
comfort, and a future hope for all who will believe.

Tragedy - Where can I turn for some sense of security?
There will continue to be violence in a world where God's creation has
chosen to rebel against His plan and authority. Tragedy may even knock at
your door one day. Where can you turn for some sense of security in the
midst of what seems to be so much senseless tragedy?

The answer is really pretty simple. Turn to the One who created you, turn
to God who loves you and does have a plan for your life; a plan that
stretches far

Remember: God does promise that He will be there and that He will turn
what looks like the ashes of life into something beautiful; something that
will last for all eternity (Isaiah 61:1-3, Ecclesiastes 3:11, Romans 8:28).

"Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you" (1 Peter 5:7)

To be added to or removed from this writing ministry, just email me and
in the subject line state "Add me" or "Remove me." My e-mail address is
brothermiller1 at yahoo.com