[Faith-talk] FW: [thefamilyoffaith] Controlling the Tongue - by Dr. Larry Ollison

Jenny Keller jlperdue3 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 17:09:57 UTC 2012

This might be an unpopular belief, but I have to express it none the less.

Yes, I believe in the power of prayer, but there was nothing wrong with asking someone else to also pray for that woman.

Just because you pray for someone's healing, etc. doesn't mean it happened, just because you prayed in the name of Jesus Christ.

We all have to remember that the most well-known prayer, the Lord's prayer, says "thy will be done," not "just because I pray in your name, it will happen.  Whether it is your will or not."

Praying for healing is something we all should do.  But asking for someone else to pray for the same thing is not a lack of faith or a contradiction of her prayer, then a prayer request.

Just because that woman was prayed over, doesn't mean she is in any less pain and doesn't need any more prayers because the woman prayed for her healing.

Remember, Thy will be done."

Jesus said those words as he prayed about his death on the cross, "Please take this cup from me, but not my will but thine be done."

I think we tend to forget that.

Jenny