[Faith-talk] comparison of versions of the Bible

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 22:48:20 UTC 2012

Doing this is nothing new.  I've been reading the New King James Version and
listening to the 1966 Roman Catholic Jerusalem Bible, and I find personally
(note I said _personally) that the JB for me makes the text of Scripture
more clearer.  Of course, no English language version is absolutely perfect
in that it can't convey every Hebrew, Greek, Chaldea and Aramaic word with
absolute accuracy and fidelity to the modern English reader, but the
translators do the best with what they have.  Maybe your preferred version
is the NIV or maybe even the NLT, CEV or the Message.  As I've stated to
people personally off line, whatever version of the Bible brings you to a
closer relationship with God and the Lord Jesus Christ is all right with me.
Just my two cents worth.  Paul