[Faith-talk] Good Night Message for April 21, 2012

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 22 03:29:48 UTC 2012

Hello and good evening to you all, my fellow saints of the Most High God, at least those of us in North America.  If you live in Britain or on the European continent, your day is just beginning as I write this, so hope that, as you go to your local house of worship today, that you and your fellow congregants will get a good word from the Lord as imparted to you by your pastors and/or Sunday school teachers and, more importantly, that you will apply what you have heard and learned to your individual lives as the gracious Holy Spirit enables.  And for those of you in the South Pacific, I hope that your day is going well.  For those of us in North America, it will be soon time for us to head to bed, if we're not there already.

Our words of inspiration come this night from the pen of Hazel Watkins Blough, someone whom I have never heard of previously, but I hope and trust that you will all enjoy her writing.  The name of her poem is entitled "Majesty," and is rendered as follows:

Dear God, I hear Your mighty voice
As rain begins to fall,
And thunder rumbles to the earth,
And birds respond in call.

Dear God, I hear Your mighty voice
As wind blows long and shrill,
As winter sleet coats every tree
Upon the stormy hill.

Dear God, I hear Your mighty voice
As I survey the sea:
The calm, the power, the reverence,
Your glory, majesty!

May Hazel's words make you think of the sovereignty and majesty of God, and how He, the Creator of the universe and all that is in it, can create puny people, jars of clay that we are.  It's really awesome to think such thoughts, but our God is an awesome God, right?

And now may we in North America retire for the evening with the assurance that God is with us all the time.  If you get this message when you look at your emails, I hope that you had a good night's sleep.  This is the hope and prayer of your Christian brother, Paul Barnabas.