[Faith-talk] FW: [thefamilyoffaith] GOD LIKES US - Andrew Wommack Daily Devotional

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Fri Apr 27 14:25:05 UTC 2012

Original Message:
From: "thefamilyoffaith" <TheFamilyofFaith at tampabay.rr.com>
To: <thefamilyoffaith at yahoogroups.com>,
<INTERCESSORS-ALLNATIONS at yahoogroups.com>,
<dfpprayerwarriors at suddenlink.net>, <unitedprayermail at aol.com>,
<CcHhEeSsTtEeRr at yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [thefamilyoffaith] GOD LIKES US -  Andrew Wommack Daily
Devotional
Date:
Fri, 27 Apr 2012 09:41:31 -0400

            GOD LIKES US

            Mark 5:19 - "Jesus did not let him, but said, "Go home to
your own people and tell them how much the Lord has done for you, and how
he has had mercy on you."

            One of the ways God's goodness is revealed is through His
mercy. We may describe mercy as "the readiness of God to relieve the misery
of fallen creatures." Many times, mercy is called compassion or
lovingkindness. It is expressed toward the sinner because of the misery
that sin has brought upon him.

            God's mercy to the believer is revealed by His taking away
the misery of sin's consequences through the New Covenant of our Savior,
the Lord Jesus Christ. Mercy is not something merited or earned, but as the
Apostle Paul states, "Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but
according to HIS MERCY He saved us."

            Our Heavenly Father is the author, originator, and source of
all mercy.

            "Mercy is condescending love, reaching out to meet a need
without considering the merit of the person who receives the aid"
(Expository Dictionary of Bible Words [EDBW]).

            "Even when we were spiritually dead because of our sins,
God's forbearance was working on our behalf. He was tolerant, patient and
kind towards us. God abounded in excessive proportion with good will,
compassion, and desire to help us. His disposition was kind, compassionate,
and forgiving in His treatment of us. He wanted in abundant supply to
alleviate our distress and bring relief from our sins. He did this by
giving us life in place of death. It was with Christ that this salvation
was secured. By grace, kindness, and favor we are saved. All of this was
the result of God's extremely large degree of love wherewith He loved us,
always seeking the welfare and betterment of us. God likes us!"

                    What's Happening at AWM?

                  To find out, visit our ministry blog at news.awmi.net.
It has nearly two years of great testimonies, stories from Andrew's
ministry trips, special videos, and much more. It's updated twice per week
and has over 200 articles. Andrew once made the comment that, "The ministry
blog is the best thing we have on the web." Check it out at news.awmi.net.

      Contact Information:
      Andrew Wommack Ministries
      850 Elkton Drive