[Faith-talk] FW: [thefamilyoffaith] Today's Manna - Jim Fitzhugh

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Fri Apr 27 16:26:10 UTC 2012

Amen!

Original Message:
From: "thefamilyoffaith" <TheFamilyofFaith at tampabay.rr.com>
To: <thefamilyoffaith at yahoogroups.com>,
<INTERCESSORS-ALLNATIONS at yahoogroups.com>,
<dfpprayerwarriors at suddenlink.net>, <unitedprayermail at aol.com>,
<CcHhEeSsTtEeRr at yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [thefamilyoffaith] Today's Manna - Jim Fitzhugh
Date:
Fri, 27 Apr 2012 08:36:04 -0400

----

This time of the year there is a lot of spring cleaning going on.  A deep
cleaning that includes closets, washing windows, and polishing every stick
of furniture in the house.  After such a thorough cleaning, you can smell
the clean, and it is refreshing.  I am ready for my wife to get a job
because she leaves no scrap of paper unturned, but you don't have to tell
her that.  :)

While we are on the subject of a spring cleaning, isn't the time right
for a thorough spiritual cleansing?
The natural spring cleaning only lasts for a season but the spiritual
cleansing could have eternal consequences.   We need to clean the dust off
our Bibles, and get into the Word afresh and allow the Holy Spirit to clean
and buff our lives to a new shine.

Cleanse Your Heart - Being heart-healthy is of utmost importance.  The
Word of God encoruages us to draw near to God, and the importance of that
is so that He can cleanse our hearts.  The blood of Jesus washes us whiter
than the driven snow.  David prayed a prayer in Psalm 51 that I often pray
because I want to make sure I stand before God with clean hands and a pure
heart.  "Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within
me... (Psalm 51:10)  Solomon, David's son, added in Proverbs 4:23, "Guard
your heart above all else, for it determines the course of your life."
(NLT)  In summation, get your heart clean and keep it clean.

Clean Out Your Mouth - It is important to clean inside and out. Spiritual
cleansing requires a deep cleaning that goes beyond what others see and
hear.  As your heart is cleansed spic-and-span, your mouth will follow suit
with pleasant, life-building words; not vulgarity and cursing.  Also,
negative talk and pessimistic thoughts that contradict the Word of God and
faith must come under control.  Hang on to your hats; I challenge you to
stop complaining about every little thing.  Praise the good by being
positive.  "Set a guard over my mouth, O LORD; keep watch over the door of
my lips."  (Psalm 141:3, NIV)  Now that is a mouthful.  Can you ask the
Lord for His help?

Renew Your Mind - Remove All Garbage
This is of the most difficult areas of struggles for most people.  Our
minds are the battle field where Satan attacks us most.  You have heard it
said over and over, "garbage in garbage out."  "From the abundance of the
heart, the mouth speaks."  (Luke 6:45)  It is imperative, NOT OPTIONAL,
that we download the Word of God and punctuating what is recorded in
Philippians 4:8 into our minds and our spirits.  The garbage of this world
will pollute your heart, mind and spirit when you input it.  Send a clear
message to Satan "PEDDLE YOUR GARBAGE SOME OTHER PLACE!"
Romans 12:2 declares, Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this
world, but be transformed by the renewing or your mind. Then you will be
able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect
will.  (NIV)

Repent From Hidden Sin - In other words clean out your Spiritual Closets!
Read carefully and heed.  Hidden sin will destroy your life, your peace
and EVEN your health!  The Bible says confess your sin--tell someone, and
reach out for help.  When we sweep and garnish our spiritual closets, that
heaviness and gloom from hidden sin will vanish.  It makes you feel light
as a feather.  The writer in Psalm hit the nail on the head with these
words, "If I had cherished sin in my heart, the Lord would not have
listened;"  (NIV)  In Psalm 19:12, we hear the heart of man crying out for
help: "...Cleanse me from secret sin."  We must come clean with God.

Release Unforgiveness and Bitterness - Let go of old, life-killing
baggage.  Let go to get a hold!
ANY sin will become heavy and binding, but long-kept unforgiveness and
bitterness is nothing but old baggage in the attic that you have never
parted with.  It not only hinders your going forward, but it will also suck
the life right out of you.  Hear me, unforgiveness and bitterness MUST be
tossed out immediately if not sooner.  You are being held in prison because
of it.  Break free right here, right now.  Become all that God has called
you to be.  Paul said it like this, "Get rid of all bitterness, rage and
anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and
compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God
forgave you."  (Ephesians 4:31-31, NIV)

 Get to cleaning, and build a stronger relationship with Jesus Christ.
Love Him with all your heart, soul, mind and strength.  May your life speak
volumes of your love for God.  Much Love and Blessings!

Jim Fitzhugh - gem_fitz at yahoo.com
313 David Davis Dr
McGregor, TX  76657

Copyright (C) 2009-2012. Jim Fitzhugh. All rights reserved.
*If this ministry blesses and encourages you, would you consider a gift
of support?