[Faith-talk] Help me, help you

Greg Aikens gpaikens at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 13:59:23 UTC 2012

Eric,
If you are truly sending forwards in response to conversations on this list, do us the favor of changing the subject line to reflect that.  It seems as though you are indiscriminately forwarding anything you seem to particularly like on to all of us.  Most of us don't want or even have time to sort through the large number of forwards that you send to find the uplifting nuggets that you are trying to get us to read.  The fact that you keep the chain of forward notices in the body of the emails doesn't help.  I have seen Linda ask you several times on this list if you would please remove all of the junk before the body of your message so that people can get to the info you want them to read.  So far, I have not noticed you doing this.

At this point, when I see that an email has come from you, and the first word in the title is FW:, I automatically hit delete.  I don't want to read a bunch of forwards from a bunch of devotional lists that may or may not have anything to do with current discussion topics on this list.  I'm not saying this to be mean.  I just want to let you know that your current methods for sharing meaningful thoughts turn many of us off.  I would be perfectly happy if you stopped forwarding emails altogether.  I am subscribed to all of the devotional lists that I want to be.

So, Eric, please stop forwarding messages to the list without telling us how they are relevant to topics we discuss on here.  Please stop forwarding messages with 2 or 3 forward notices at the beginning of the message.

I hope this does not come across as being too harsh, but you have asked for feedback, and this is my opinion on the matter.

-Greg