[Faith-talk] FW: Give a hug day

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Sun Apr 29 16:15:16 UTC 2012

Giving a hug.

Original Message:
From: "Mary Ann" <serenity77 at shaw.ca>
To: <Undisclosed-Recipient:;>
Subject: Give a hug day
Date:
Sun, 29 Apr 2012 10:00:16 -0600

Give a Hug
Day 326

Sometimes a hug is all that is needed.

Jeffrey, who lost his son, says, "The first Sunday we went back to church
after this happened, one of the ladies walked in, and we did not know her
at all. She walked over, and she saw our name tags. She just grabbed both
of us and hugged us and started crying. And she didn't speak a word.

"That meant more to us just to know that she had a heart, and she had
compassion. She didn't know what to say, and she didn't say anything. But
she was willing to let her emotion show and just embrace us."

Christians are carriers of God's power. A simple, heartfelt hug provides
a release of that holy, healing power. Always look for the opportunity to
spread God's goodness daily and in a variety of ways.

One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing
that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him, "Of all the
commandments, which is the most important?"

"The most important one," answered Jesus, "is this: 'Hear, O Israel, the
Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart
and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.'
The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no
commandment greater than these." (Mark 12:28-31)

Lord God, may Your healing power be released in me as I take the
opportunity to love. Amen.

www.griefshare.org

God's Help Is Just A Prayer Away