[Faith-talk] Good Night Message for Tuesday, July 31 2012

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 03:28:39 UTC 2012

Well folks, here we are at the end of July.  Traditionally I've heard that, at least in most of North America, August is the hottest month.  Well, why do they call August the dog days? The most likely explanation that I could find is that the dog star, Sirius, is most prominent in the night sky.  While this sounds plausible, maybe there's another explanation.

Anyway how was your day today? Mine was good, by God's matchless grace and His providential care.

Eva Marie Ippolito contributed today's poem, the last in the series courtesy of "The Gospel Messenger" magazine.  Entitled "Thank You, Lord," it is rendered as follows:

Thank You, Lord, for loving us
No matter what our ways.
Thank You, Lord, for staying near
Until our end of days.
Thank You, Lord, for answering us
Each moment that we call,
Thank You, Lord, for giving us
Gifts both great and small.
Thank You, Lord, for keeping us
Safe from every harm.
And thank You, Lord, for holding us
So gently in Your arms.

Now there's a lot of things to think about in this short rhyme, wouldn't you agree? I personally know so.

Hey guys and gals, don't forget that I sleep on dryer sheets every night, and perhaps that's why I don't get the sufficient amount of rest.  Please, if you can, find an old but usable bedsheet and send it my way.  It sure would be appreciated.

And now may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and collectively, throughout this night or day and especially in these last days in which we live.  Your Christian friend, brother and sometimes confidante, Paul