[Faith-talk] Good Night Message for Friday, August 10 2012

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 01:16:28 UTC 2012

Hello and good evening or good day wherever you happen to reside on terra firma.  I hope that, by God's matchless grace and His providential care, that we in North America had a good day today and will have a peaceful, restful and tranquil sleep this evening.  As this is being written, I hope that you in the UK or in Europe will have a good Saturday, and that you in Australia and New Zealand will have a pleasant Saturday afternoon.

I didn't take down the author of the poem for today, so she will have to remain unknown to all of us, but she is not unknown to our Lord.  Her contribution is entitled "Birds," and is rendered as follows:

I wonder why the pretty birds
Fly so high up in the trees,
To sing their songs all day long
And feel the gentle breeze?
The people who pass by
Look up to see the birds;
They make the sweetest music
That men have ever heard.

God gave the birds their voice to sing
To brighten all the world
For people who are passing on
Through the gates of pearl.

Someday we will sing a victory song
Around the Great White Throne,
And praise our precious Lord
That He has called His children home.

And there you have it for today.  You know, speaking of birds, God has given each of them a remarkable talent to fly thousands of miles from north to south and, if it is still there, to return to almost the same exact spot during their fall and spring migrations, and all this without the aid of modern computers, GPS systems or our so-called fancy no-how.  I mean, if we want to fly, we have to get in a machine and have that machine called an airplane take us where we want or need to go, if that be a great distance.  But God, in His creativability, has endowed migratory birds with that homing instinct.  Am I the only one who marvels at this phenomenon, or are there others on these lists who are awestruck by what God has done for our feathered friends? Just an observation from the undersigned.

Well, in a few hours or maybe less, will get ready for bed and climb between my new bed sheets with the stuffed animals around me.  Oh, by the way, I knew that it was a lady who sent me the homemade sheets because they were covered by the residue of her hand lotion, so even if there was no accompanying letter, I would have figured this out.

And now may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and collectively, throughout this night or day and especially in these last evil days in which we live.  Your Christian brother and friend, Paul