[Faith-talk] Good Night Message for Monday, August 13 2012

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 01:36:24 UTC 2012

Hello and good day once again to my fellow saints of the Most High God wherever in the world you reside.  Here in North America another day is dying and, in the words of an old hymn, "another day is dawning." Maybe some of you know that tune and/or words.  How was your day today? Mine was good, by God's matchless grace and His providential care, and I hope yours was also.  For those of you in other parts of the world, I hope that you're doing fine wherever you live and whenever you read this message.

Gladys Carmichael of Olivehurst CA contributed our poem for today.  When she wrote and submitted her contribution to the Christian Record Talking Magazine in the early 1970's she was confined to a wheelchair, besides being blind and had a very bad case of arthritis, and this for some 30 years.  Obviously she probably dictated her poem to someone, unless she was able to procure a typewriter or a Braille writer.  With that as a background, please read her submission.  Entitle courage, it is rendered as follows:

In the world ye have trouble, but courage!
The victory is mine, and I have conquered the world (John 16:33, New English Bible).
Courage, my brother, my sister, my friend,
Courage! Our Father in heaven will send.

Sufficient is courage for every need,
If God's Holy Word we always heed.

Courage every day when we think of the cross;
Courage sufficient to burn out all dross.
Prayer and obedience will our courage renew.
Strength and courage will God's Word bring to you.

Courage for the gathering storms of today,
Courage for the crisis, dear ones, let us pray.
With Christ by our side
To help run the race,
The future holds no terrors
We cannot face.

Now those are positive words.  May I suggest to those in need that you somehow save Sister Gladys Carmichael's poem and, if you feel down or perhaps want to give up on life or anything for that matter, just read her words from time to time.  Why not pass this along to your friends who even now are going through a bad situation right now? And, you Californians: Have any of you ever heard of Gladys Carmichael and, if you have, would you please pass along what you know about her other than what I've already said.  Thanks in advance.

And now may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and collectively, throughout the night and especially in these last and evil days in which we live.  Your Christian brother, Paul