[Faith-talk] Good Night Message for Thursday, August 16 2012

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 01:27:28 UTC 2012

Hello and good evening or good day once again, depending where you live on this spherical ball that is going around at a speed of 18 miles (30 kilometers) per second.  It's hard to believe that but, imagine if our planet didn't go that fast.  Part of it would be freezing cold and the other boiling hot.  But our God, in His infinite wisdom, has arranged that Earth and all other planets, galaxies, solar systems and constellations do their thing.  Oh well, I hope that your day went well or is going well.

I forgot to mention that last evening's poem entitled "Be In Tune" was inspired by the fact that Mr. Jung had just obtained his ham radio license.

Now, our words of inspiration today come from the pen of Mrs. C.W. Jackson.  Her submission is entitled "What Does the Bible Say?" which is rendered as follows:

When we have perplexing problems
And don't know which way to turn,
Then we should look into the Bible;
There's something we should learn.

The Bible is the Book of wisdom;
It will guide our footsteps right.
We never walk in darkness,
For the Bible gives us light.

And that's Mrs. Jackson's submission for this evening.  I hope that you don't think that these writers are, to coin a phrase, "here today and gone tomorrow." I personally think that, in their own way individually, that they have a lot to teach us in their works.

And now may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and collectively, throughout this night or day and especially in these last days in which we live.  Your Christian friend and brother, Paul