[Faith-talk] A Modern Trend

Jenny Keller jlperdue3 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 00:04:32 UTC 2012

Well, I am replying to this late in the game I guess, but I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, also known as Mormon.

We are a firm believer in tithing, and when we give our tithes or offerings, they are put in an envelope and handed to members of the Bishopric, that consists of about three or four men in the church, or you can give it directly to the Bishop himself, who is the, kind of president of the church, and he makes decisions, along with the bishopric as his councillors.

I can't remember if we write out names on the envelopes or anything, but there is no amount on the outside of them for sure.

also, The Sacriment, which is what we call Communion, or the Lord's Supper is passed through the pews, so it makes it easier for me since I don't have to go to a line, or a Communion Rail and neil for Communion or the Lord's Supper.

The first time I had ever seen what is considered a standard Communion was when I was 17 1/2 years old in a Lutheran Church.  I had never seen a wafer before, so that was kind of different, and I had never had wine in communion.  the Latter Day Saints use water.

Oh a little off the subject, but still important.  thank you for all your prayers.  My husband, Brad, will be baptized at 3 o'clock tomorrow Afternoon.

I never thought it would happen, so it looks like Heavenly Father knew much more, as usual, than I did.

Jenny