[Faith-talk] Good Night Message for Saturday, August 18 2012

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 00:59:15 UTC 2012

Hello and good evening to all my fellow saints of the Most High God residing in North America, and good day to the rest of you.  As this is being written, those of you in Australia are either probably getting ready to go to your local house of worship, or maybe you're there.  In New Zealand you're probably home right now, and I hope that your worship time was fruitful.  On the other hand we in North America await the ending of Saturday.

Our words of inspiration this evening come from the pen of Carol Jones.  When this was written, she was residing in the charmingly named community of Silver Grove KY, but if she is still living, she is now residing in Cincinnati OH.  Her contribution is entitled "Living Water and Dying Land," and is rendered as follows:

The desert was a barren waste,
Rock and dust, an empty place.
Small twisted trees that seemed to show here
Nothing good could ever grow.
Whilst 'cross the heavens,
Day on day,
Marched its relentless way.

High on the hill, the trees are green;
The sun drops gold into a stream.
A guiding hand is needed then
To make the valley bloom again,
To help Nature complete her plans
And bring living water to dying lands.

A lesson here there well may be,
A thought from all eternity.
Mortal man, disturbed, confused and base
Oft makes his soul a lonely place.
His weary heart may ponder long
And ne'er determine right from wrong.

His mortal passions, day on day
Sear his soul with avid ray.
Small twisted plants are love and hope
Until, from God's green mountain slopes,
Torrents of mercy, rivers of grace
Restore the soul to a higher place.

Words to ponder, those, don't you think? I don't know if Carol Jones still write poetry or not, but if she does and hasn't yet gone home to be with the Lord, I hope she is successful in her God-given talent.  The last I heard of her she was working at the Clovernook Center for the Blind.

And now until tomorrow evening when, Lord willing another good night message and poem will be sent, I remain your obedient servant of the Lord, Paul Barnabas.