[Faith-talk] Good Night Message for Monday, December 3 2012

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 02:57:18 UTC 2012

Monday evening.  I don't have any particular feelings, pro or con, for or against Monday.  I mean, Saturday evening reminds me that the next day is the Lord's Day and, of course, Monday December 24 reminds me that Santa Claus will come and visit around midnight, and am I looking forward to that.  And yes, even though his name or even physical description aren't in the Bible, what he does is.  Give me a few days and I'll reference some passages for you.  Anyway I digress as usual.  I hope that, for those of us in North America, that your day went well and that you in other parts of our world are enjoying your Tuesday mornings or afternoons.

How many of you remember the hymn "Where Charity and Love Prevail?"  Maybe if I heard it, I'd remember it.  I only ask this question because our Advent contribution today comes from the pen of Ronald Johnson who, although not a member of this list, so far as I know, is a blind person.  His submission is simply entitled "A Hymn For Advent," rendered as follows:

Now sit we here with bated breath
Till comes our Christ the King,
To set us free from sin an death
His Peace and Justice bring.

Though hateful hearts may rule the world
Our hopes they never cease,
To lift us from our deep despair
And call us to release.

Our jealousy, mistrust and fear
That cause us to refrain,
>From sifting through our deepest hurts
To rid ourselves of pain.

Though looking back we gaze ahead
Into the setting sun,
To celebrate now once again
The time when Christ shall come.

Thanks, Ronald, for your submission.  I'm sure that, even though no one here knows you, that your humble poetic efforts did not go unnoticed by appreciative readers.

And now may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and collectively, throughout this night or day and especially in these last days in which we live.  Your Christian friend and brother, Paul