[Faith-talk] Good Night Message for Wednesday, November 5 2012

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 02:30:58 UTC 2012

Well folks.  Here in North America we've come to the end of what we commonly call hump day, not exactly at the beginning of the week but not exactly at the end, but smack dab in the middle.  I hope and pray that, by God's matchless grace and His providential care, that you all had a good day today, and that you in other countries are having a good Thursday, whether that be morning or afternoon.

I know that one list moderator just might object to the article to be presented this evening, as it is written from a child's viewpoint, but please remember that we were little boys and girls once, and also that some of us have children, grandchildren or, in the case of one person at least on one of the lists, a great-grandchild.  Since only one person objected, will present this right now.  It has no title, so here we go.

In the Sunday morning newspaper I read a comic about a little boy "reading" the Christmas story to his little sister.  The boy was not old enough to really read, so he told his sister the Story as he remembered it.  The comic is called "For Better Or For Worse" by Lynn Johnston and it goes like this:

Well, they couldn't stay at the hotel, see, so the manager says they can sleep in the barn.  (The little sister says "Look! Baby!" and the brother says, "Yeah, a Baby.")

So, they got the Baby, see, and they put Him in the manger an' angels were on the roof an' there was this star, an' then these three Wise Guys 'cided to bring presents, so they got on their camels an' brought gold and two other things.  By this time, there was sheep an' farmers all over the place with everyone comin' to see the Baby.

(The little boy's mother has been listening all this time to her son's retelling of the Christmas Story and says, "Michael, I don't think you're reading that story exactly the way it's written.")

The little boy replies, "I don't have to.  I know it off my heart."

Wasn't that a cute comic? Everyone should know the Christmas Story "off my heart!"

You know, it would be interesting reading how other Juniors or Junior Misses would tell this story.  I bet if you get say six little boys and six little girls together, each privately, and have them tell the same Christmas story, you'll probably get 12 versions of the same thing.  Just an observation from your Good Night Messenger.

And now may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and collectively, throughout this night or day and especially in these last days in which we live.  Your Christian brother and friend, Paul