[Faith-talk] A Bible Question, If I May

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 14:47:39 UTC 2012

Hello and good day to you all.  This is Paul with a Bible question.  Today, as we all know, is Valentine's Day and most people probably focus on I Corinthians 13.  Yet there is a passage in the Old Testament that also bears our attention.  It's found in Ezekiel 16:1-14.  Can anyone explain the obvious symbolism of the terms mentioned in the text? Obviously on the surface all of this refers to God's love for Israel and by extension to the church, but beyond that, is there some hidden gem that is not readily obvious? Sorry for such an ignorant question but, in light of the special significance of this day, that it warrants our study in my humble opinion.  Thanks for any input you can give.  Paul

P.S.  Lynn, perhaps you could address this very subject this evening in your Bible study on http://www.seasonsofrefreshing.net.  Of course, if you have a preprepared study, that would be fine also.  Paul