[Faith-talk] FW: [URCTCPrayerGroup2] URCTC Prayer Group 2 Devotional: [New post] Access through Worship by Derek Prince

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Tue Jan 3 05:25:12 UTC 2012

Original Message:
From: "BeeJay" <beejayokla at cox.net>
To: <Undisclosed-Recipient:;>
Subject: [URCTCPrayerGroup2] URCTC Prayer Group 2 Devotional: [New post]
Access through Worship by Derek Prince
Date:
Mon, 2 Jan 2012 23:02:15 -0600

                        New post on sisbeejay

                                  Access through Worship by Derek Prince
                                by sisbeejay

                              Psalm 95:1-2; 6-8

                              Come, let us sing for joy to the LORD; let
us shout aloud to the Rock of or salvation. Let us come before him with
thanksgiving and extol him with music and song. Come, let us bow down in
worship, let us kneel before the LORD our Maker; for he is our God and we
are the people of his pasture, the flock under his care. Today, if you hear
his voice, do not harden your hearts. NIV

                              There's a beautiful progression there that
brings us into the immediate presence of God. It starts with loud and
jubilant praise and thanksgiving: "Let us sing for joy to the LORD, let us
shout aloud to the rock of our salvation." God encourages us to express
freely our praises, our thanksgiving. But then as we go further it says,
"Let us bow down and worship, let us kneel before the LORD our Maker."
Praise and thanksgiving lead us on to worship. Worship is not so much an
utterance as it is an attitude. It's bowing down, it's kneeling, it's
submitting ourselves to God. And when we come into that attitude of
worship, then we qualify to hear God's voice.

                              And so the psalmist says, "Today, if you
hear his voice." Alas, there are so many Christians and churchgoers who
hardly know what it is to hear God's voice, and yet that's the key to all
success in the spiritual life - is hearing God's voice. And if we'll follow
the pathway of praise and thanksgiving leading us to worship, bringing us
to an attitude where we can hear God's voice, then we have the key to
measureless blessings.

                              - Derek Prince

                              http://sisbeejay.wordpress.com

                              sisbeejay | January 3, 2012 at 3:57 am |
Categories: Uncategorized | URL: http://wp.me/p1sTxT-jf

                                Comment    See all comments

                        Unsubscribe or change your email settings at
Manage Subscriptions.

                        Trouble clicking? Copy and paste this URL into
your browser:

http://sisbeejay.wordpress.com/2012/01/03/access-through-worship-by-derek-pri
nce/

            Thanks for flying with  WordPress.com