[Faith-talk] FW: IBGN~NEWSLETTER~ THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF CHRIST IN HIS RESURRECTION, Part 1 of 2, , ~GRACE DAILY INSPIRATIONAL~, JANUARY 3, 2012

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Tue Jan 3 19:29:12 UTC 2012

Original Message:
From: PARIS <GraceNtheTruth at Cox.net>
To: PARIS <GRACENTHETRUTH at COX.NET>
Subject: IBGN~NEWSLETTER~ THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF CHRIST IN HIS
RESURRECTION,    Part 1 of 2, ,~GRACE DAILY INSPIRATIONAL~, JANUARY 3, 2012
Date:
Tue, 03 Jan 2012 11:31:44 -0700

* *

* *
*THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF CHRIST IN HIS RESURRECTION *
*Part 1 of 2*
*By Jack Trumm*
*
Continuing our study of the five events of our Lord's sacrifice,
starting from His death on the cross to His ascension into heaven, we
want to look at the fourth event - His resurrection.

Let's start by asking ourselves a few questions.

    1. Did He really come back to life after He died on a cross, shed
His blood, and was buried?

    2. If He did rise from the dead, what was the purpose of it?

    3. What does His resurrection mean for us, as believers?

    4. What does His resurrection mean to unbelievers?

We shall start with the first question, did He really rise from the
dead? Most of the religious world believe that He did, but let's go to
the scripture to prove that He did.

First, the proof of an empty tomb and the testimony of an angel. "And
entering into the sepulcher, they saw a young man sitting on the right
side, clothed in a long white garment; and they were affrighted: You
seek Jesus of Nazareth, which was crucified: he is risen: he is not
here: behold the place where they laid him." (Mark 16:5-6)

Secondly, the proof of all who saw Him alive again with their own eyes,
"Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was
buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the
scriptures: And that he was seen of Cephas, then of the twelve: After
that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the
greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep. After
that he was seen of James; then all of the Apostles. And last of all he
was seen of me (Paul) also, as of one born out of due time." (I
Corinthians 15:3-8)· "To whom also he showed himself alive after his
passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and
speaking of the things pertaining to the Kingdom of God." (Acts 1:3)

So, here we have several quotes from God's word to prove that Jesus did
rise from the dead. So then this brings us to our second question
concerning his resurrection. What was the purpose of His resurrection.
Once again we need to go to the word of God for the answer.

Paul writes by inspiration of the Holy Spirit, ''Now if Christ be
preached that He rose from the dead, how say some among you that there
is no resurrection of the dead? But if there be no resurrection of the
dead, then is Christ not risen: And if Christ be not risen, then is our
preaching in vain, and your faith is also vain. Yea, and we are found
false witnesses of God, because we have testified of God that he raised
up Christ; whom he raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not. For
if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised. And if Christ be not
raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins. (I Corinthians
15:12-17)

What this tells us then, if there is someone seeking to be saved, and he
or she comes to the understanding that what Christ has done on the cross
of Calvary, through his death, by the shedding of his blood, and was
buried and he or she truly believes (faith) this, but does not believe
that Christ rose from the dead, then their belief (faith) is vain, and
they are yet in their sins. So we can see then from this passage of
scripture how important it is for us to believe that Christ did indeed
rise up from the dead. For Paul includes this important part of the
gospel in his message.

"Moreover, brethren I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto
you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand: By which also ye
are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have
believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I
also received how that Christ died for our sins according to the
scriptures. And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day
according to the scriptures." (I Corinthians 15:1-4)

Again Paul writes "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord
Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him the
dead, thou shalt be saved." (Romans 10:9)

This then brings us to the third question.  What does his resurrection
mean for us, as believers.

First of all the resurrection proves that God is completely satisfied by
the offering for sins of the Lord Jesus Christ. His holiness and
righteous standard has been met in His once for all sacrifice, by His
death of the cross. So we know by the resurrection that our sins are
indeed forgiven.

"But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that
raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead: Who was delivered for our
offences, and was raised again for our justification." (Romans 4:24-25)

Secondly, when we believe, the Holy Spirit (by Spirit baptism) places us
into the resurrection of Jesus Christ and now we can walk in newness of
life, in the same spirit and power that raised Jesus our Lord from the
dead.

"Know ye not; that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were
baptized into his death? Therefore we are buried with him by baptism
into death that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory
of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. For if we
have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be
also in the likeness of his resurrection." (Romans: 3-5)

*
**
*

Dear God of faithfulness, how delightful to realize that my persistence
of faith in You hinges on Your faithfulness toward me. I see that I can
continue to depend upon You, because you are fully faithful to me. What
expectation this gives me as I consider Your great promises! You will be
faithful to fulfill every one of them, as I place my trust in You!

*
*

*
*
Our Purpose and Mission

The ministry of "Grace and The Truth" has the purpose of encouraging
Christians to believe what God says.

We are dedicated to helping Christians to a fuller knowledge of Him, and
the Grace of God. Until we all come into the Unity, Ephesians 4:13 "Till
we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son
of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the
fulness of Christ:"

OUR COMMISSION IN THE AGE OF GRACE IS:

2Co 5:16-21  Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea,
though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we
[him] no more.  Therefore if any man [be] in Christ, [he is] a new
creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become
new.  And all things [are] of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by
Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation; To
wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not
imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word
of reconciliation. Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God
did beseech [you] by us: we pray [you] in Christ's stead, be ye
reconciled to God. For he hath made him [to be] sin for us, who knew no
sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

*

*GraceNTheTruth at COX.NET*

This mailing is for members who have requested and /or subscribed to our
mailing list..
*
*

            *

            *

    *
    CLICK BELOW
         PLEASE ADD ME <mailto:GRACENTHETRUTH at COX.NET?subject=Add%20me>
    TO YOUR EMAILAND DEVOTIONS
         PLEASE REMOVE ME
    <mailto:GRACENTHETRUTH at COX.NET?subject=REMOVE%20ME>

    *

ALLOW AT LEAST 72 HOURS FOR YOUR REMOVAL FROM THE LIST
*

WEB SITE
Grace And The Truth
www.graceandthetruth.com