[Faith-talk] living together before marriage

Beth thebluesisloose at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 04:39:17 UTC 2012

I second all we say about living together before marriage.  The
Social Security Administration needs to take into account that
all Abrahamics--Christian, Jew, Muslim--all say the same thing:
no cohabitation before marriage, and give each person the same
amount of money.  I refuse to lose money just by marrying my
current bf, who is Muslim and wants what he calls a
"halal"--acceptable--marriage.  He will likely lose money if he
marries a girl with a job.  If I married him, we'd both lose
money.  SSA should encourage married couples who can't work to
keep their SSI, and if they do, to gradually take it away from
them.
Beth