[Faith-talk] Good Night Message for Thursday, July 19 2012

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 02:09:12 UTC 2012

Hello and good day or evening to you all, wherever you reside in this world.  Here in the mid-Atlantic region of the United States, we just went through another round of thunderstorms.  Don't know if there was much power outage or not, but if there was, I pray that it will be restored soon if not already restored.  Anyway, how was your day? Mine was good, by God's matchless grace and His providential care.

Our poem for this evening is by Mrs. Mae Smith of Clearwater FL.  Entitled "Celestial Beauty," it is rendered as follows:

When the morning breaks and the dewdrops fall
To refresh the roses on the garden wall,
They sparkle and shimmer
Like diamonds so bright
As the sun's rays touch them
With its golden light.

The morning glory opens wide
To show the beautiful colors inside.
The painters try to imitate
These beautiful colors so grand,
But try as they might,
They cannot compete with the touch of the Master's hand.

There is the stately columbine
With its beautiful petals so fair
That waves with a gentle breeze
Like a fairy dancing there.

When we see the beauty of nature
Spring up from the Earth below,
Can we doubt there is a God
That makes all this beauty grow?

And there you have Sister Mae's poem for this evening.  Our so-called theory of evolution acquaintances might say to that last question, "Well, all this growth just happened." Well, to that I would ask, "What is or was the force or agent that made this "just Happen?" Anyway just something to think about.

And now may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and collectively, throughout this night or day and especially in these last and evil days in which we live.  And again thanks to the person with soft hands who tucked me under the covers last night.  It sure felt good.  I'm speaking symbolically, of course.  Anyway good night and sweet dreams.  Your Christian friend and brother, Paul