[Faith-talk] accessibility of church service material

Julie McGinnity kaybaycar at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 02:25:43 UTC 2012

Ashley,

Yes, I'm in a choir.  I am also a music major nad have been singing
for years.  I don't expect most people to memorize songs; that's just
the way I do things.  I have a friend who gets all the lyrics sent to
her in advance, and she embosses them on her own.  If you have an
embossor, this would definitely be a possibility for you to do with
the church bulletin and the lyrics.

Also, it is entirely possible to use your braille note while
standing--well, at least, it's possible to read from it.  It's
awkward, but it's possible.  In fact, I've read from my braille note
and held a microphone before.  :)  I don't recommend it, but it can be
done.

--
Julie McG
 Lindbergh High School class of 2009, National Federation of the Blind

life."
John 3:16