[Faith-talk] FW: [masterslist] Beyond the Smiling and the Weeping

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Mon Mar 19 16:38:57 UTC 2012

Original Message:
From: "Dean Masters" <dwmasters15 at gmail.com>
To: "masters list" <masterslist at yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [masterslist] Beyond the Smiling and the Weeping
Date:
Mon, 19 Mar 2012 12:15:02 -0400

Beyond the Smiling and the Weeping

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

"He who testifies to these things says, 'Yes, I am coming quickly.' Amen.

Come, Lord Jesus." - Revelation 22:20 NASB

Horatius Bonar loved to study the Bible, particularly prophecy. Born in
Edinburgh, Scotland, in 1808, Bonar pastored important churches,
demonstrating his
compassion for the Lost as editor of several tracts. As he wrote, his
goal
was to communicate clearly and simply, so even children could understand
the
truths of the Gospel.

Bonar also wrote more than 500 hymns. They had such impact that many
called
him the prince of Scottish hymn writers. He was known to be inspired by
many
situations-the sight of sea, streams, and stars, or, even travel by
train.

Inspired by his love of prophecy, in 1849 Bonar wrote a poem which later
became a hymn called, "Beyond the Smiling and the Weeping." It focused on
that
great day when Believers will stand in the presence of Jesus.

Bonar reflected on the nonstop rhythm of daily life and the many patterns

and practices that fill our days. He saw lives dominated by contrasts:
smiling
and weeping, waking and sleeping, sowing and reaping, blooming and
fading,
hoping and dreading, rising and setting, calming and fretting,
remembering
and
forgetting, coming and going, parting and meeting.

Bonar realized that all of these things were just temporary. He thought
about the promise of Jesus that He is coming quickly. He also thought
about
John's
response-all Believers were to pray that Jesus would come soon.

As we go through life, Bonar encouraged us to remember that we, too,
shall
soon be in the Lord's presence: "Beyond the ever and the never, I shall
be
soon."
We will be home!

The trials and challenges of life can consume our thoughts and emotions.
But, in reality, they are very temporary. Today, think about your eternal
home.
Make this your prayer: "Come, Lord Jesus!"

Today's Inspirational Prayer

Father, give me Your perspective on my life. Help me to trust You in the
midst of every situation I face. Thank You that I soon will be with You!
In
Jesus'
name. Amen.

Further Reading: Revelation 22

----

table with 2 columns and 5 rows nesting level 1

VIEW DEVOTIONALS ARCHIVE

FORWARD TO A FRIEND

SUBMIT A PRAYER REQUEST
Keep up with Inspiration
----

table end nesting level 1

table end

Spread The Good News
Help us Spread the Good News of Jesus Christ!

Thank You Gift

----

Heaven Package

Get a glimpse of your Heavenly home! Your life on Earth will be
transformed
as you learn more about your eternal destiny in Heaven. All 3 of these
"Thank
You" gifts are yours when you Sow a Seed for Souls of $40 (£24) or more
send the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the nations!

Inspiration Ministries
3000 WorldReach Drive
Indian Land, South Carolina 29707
US

To unsub

Dean Masters, owner of the Masters List

"I would rather walk in the dark with Jesus than to walk in the light on
my
own."
Wayne Watson