[Faith-talk] FW: [ByHisGrace] How To Handle Bad News (2)

Eric Calhoun eric at pmpmail.com
Sat Mar 31 05:41:58 UTC 2012

Original Message:
From: Montyuk52 at aol.com
To: byhisgrace at yahoogroups.co.uk
Subject: [ByHisGrace] How To Handle Bad News (2)
Date:
Thu, 29 Mar 2012 13:49:16 -0400 (EDT)

    HOW TO HANDLE BAD  NEWS (2)  Hezekiah...spread it before the Lord. _2

Kings 19:14_ (http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2 Kings 19:14)

When  bad news comes,don't allow it to panic you, and cause you to act in

haste.  Stop, think rationally and get the facts before you arrive at a
conclusion  or make a decision. Prayerfully ask, 'Lord, what can I do
about this
situation?' If you can do it for yourself, God won't do it for you. The
poet said, 'His part we cannot do, our part He will not do.' Faced with a

well-armed, vastly superior force there was nothing Hezekiah could do to
save
himself. So he went to the house of God and spread out his need  before
the
Lord. That's always a wise move. When you respond in faith, a  crisis
becomes an opportunity for God to demonstrate what He can do on  your
behalf. The
truth is, when you've nothing left but God -you've got  enough! Enough to

handle the situation, enough to get through it, and  enough to bounce
back.
Ask yourself, 'Is this problem really mine?' Yes,  we're supposed to bear
one
another's burdens (See Gal 6:2). But you're not  supposed to let
everybody
dump their problems on you. Sometimes in our  eagerness to rescue others
we
get in God's way when He's dealing with  them. And stop listening to
round-the-clock news. If you do you'll begin  to 'awfulize' and think,
'Things are
bad everywhere, so I guess I can't  expect any better.' What has God said

about you, and your situation? God  doesn't respond to your need, He
responds
to your faith! So get into the  Scriptures and discover what God has to
say,
then stand on it.

May our Lord Jesus hold you in the palm of His  hand,
may He strengthen you,and walk beside  you.
God Bless,and keep you.
Love,hugs,and blessings,
Mary