[Faith-talk] accessibility of church service material

PATRICK GORMLEY kk3f at msn.com
Tue May 1 11:04:20 UTC 2012

Linda I might ask TIna to tell me what the formats of the Catholic hymnals
are like.  If memory serves me correctly, I think the music and lyrics are
written in a bar over bar format or something similar.  As far as the order
of service goes, we're set because we use three books; usually the propers
consisting of the readings including the gospel,which change from week to
week and the new rite of the Mass which consist of prayers that don't
change.  There is also a third book called the Holy Week Triduum which
contains the liturgies for Holy Thursday, Good Friday and the Easter Vigil.
The Xavier Society in New York headed up by our coleague Father John Sheehan
who is chairman of the Board and works with us with the reading rights
coalitiondoes all the brailling and provides a library of inspirational
materials.  Contrary to popular belief, we're not the stuffy church of the
fifties and the Holy Spirit is alive and well. While we're sinners we trust
in his mercy and love.