[Faith-talk] Good Night Message for Wednesday, May 2 2012

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Thu May 3 01:05:42 UTC 2012

Hello and good evening to all of you residing in North America.  For the rest of you residing in other parts of the world, it's already May 3, and I hope that your day is going well and, for those of us in the western hemisphere, I hope that your day went well.

I know that this message is being sent out a bit early, but we didn't have our midweek Bible study because of lack of participation, something I cherish very much, as it gets me off the computer and out into the real world where the undersigned and others in our very small Bible study group can "press flesh" and enjoy some fellowship together, with the Lord first of all and secondarily with each other.

Our words of poetic wisdom this evening come from the pen of yours truly.  Yes, I'm a poet, but don't claim to be as famous as other poets and poetesses, Christian or secular.  I write under the name of Clay Harrison, but I would have preferred to use my real name.  But publishers being who they are, they wanted a name that would "sell" in the literary market.  So, in doing some research, I learned that my late mom's people came from the Scottish clan Campbell, whose titular head was the Duke of Argyll.  Argyll means "clay", and why I chose the name Harrison is something I can't quite remember.  Anyway my contribution for this evening is entitled "My Lord and I," and can be found in a collection of poems by the undersigned and six other poets and poetesses called "Poems By God's Humble Servants," published by the Christian Poetry Society.  Unfortunately they're not accessible in alternative formats.  I thank God that I kept my original manuscript.  Anyway here it is as follows:

My Lord and I are quite a team;
There's nothing we can't do,
For if I'm too weak to do it,
He's there to pull me through.
Sometimes I'm ready to give up,
Almost too weak to pray,
But somehow He inspires me
To fight another day.
I always know I'm not alone;
His love is everywhere,
And although I cannot see Him,
I feel His presence there.

He sometimes speaks through a friend
The words I need to hear,
And when I cry out for comfort,
They always lend an ear.

Sometimes a certain Bible verse
Seems written just for me.
It helps me cope and gives me hope
To be what I should be.
My blessings have been many,
My sorrows have been few.
My Lord and I are quite a team;
There's nothing we can't do!

And there you have it for this evening.  A word of explanation about the line that says that "my sorrows have been few." Yes, I've had them, and I'd be lying to you if it weren't so.  But, if I compare my sorrows to the Lord's blessings, the blessings greatly outnumber the sorrows.

And now "may the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit" remain with you this night as you think about what the Lord has done for you this day.  Your Christian brother, Paul/Clay Harrison