[Faith-talk] Good Night Message for Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Wed May 9 03:23:51 UTC 2012

Hello and good evening to my fellow saints of the Most High God residing in North America, and good day to the rest of you in other parts of the world.  I hope and pray that your day went well or is going well, by God's matchless grace and His providential care.  My day went well.  My upstairs border Michelle and the undersigned went to the Double-T Diner located perhaps about six miles north of my present QTH, as they say in ham radio.  For those of you not savvy with the term, this simply means one's location.  And, as usual I overate, but we don't do this too often.  Besides next week, we won't be able to do it at all because we both have commitments that won't allow this to happen, so we savor the moment to be together with God and with each other.

Our words of inspiration this evening come from the pen of Hope C. Oberhelman, yet another poetess that I've never heard of, but her poem really spoke to me when I read it this time last year.  Her contribution is entitled "Beauty," and is rendered as follows:

The laughter of a little child,
The handshake of a friend,
An early morning sunrise,
And a trail that has no end.
The sparkle of an amethyst,
The blessing of a prayer,
The comfort in a mother's touch
To let you know she's there.

The feeling of a job well done,
The fragrance of a rose,
The colors of the sky at dusk
And love that grows and grows.

The rapture of a symphony,
A stream that's fresh and clear,
The knowledge that no matter what,
Your Savior's always near!

I'm sure that all of us can relate to the descriptions of beauty as portrayed in Sister Hope's poem.  Of course, without our heavenly Father's creative power and will, they would not even exist, so the undersigned and I hope you all collectively will thank Him for such things.

And now let's retire to bed or, if you read this message when you rise in the morning, in the full knowledge that, no matter what happens our Savior is with us.  If you want proof check out Hebrews 13:5 among several places in your Bible.  And now may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep you safe throughout the night and especially in these last days in which we live.  Your Christian brother, Paul