[Faith-talk] Good Night Message for Sunday, May 13 2012

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Mon May 14 02:18:37 UTC 2012

Hello and good evening to all of my fellow saints of the Most High God in North America.  In Britain or in Europe you're in the middle of the night literally as this is being written and our friends in Australia and New Zealand are perhaps enjoying their afternoons.  But, since I and many others on this list reside in North America, will concentrate on them.  Did you who are mothers have a good day today at church? I hope so, by God's matchless grace and His providential care.

For the next three nights our words of poetic inspiration will be based on a theme, and that is mothers.  So let's begin.  Tonight's contribution comes from the fertile mind of someone who I never heard of before.  Her name is Josephine Rice Creelman.  Maybe one or several of you can answer this question: Could she have been a daughter of the late but great Helen Steiner Rice? Just curious.  Anyway her poem is entitled My Mother, and is rendered as follows:

I walk upon the rocky shore;
Her strength is in the ocean's roar.
I glance into the shaded pool;
Her mind is there, so calm and cool.
I hear sweet rippling of the sea;
Naught but her laughter 'tis to me.
I gaze into the starry skies,
And there I see her wondrous eyes.
I look into my inmost mind,
And here her inspiration find.
In all I am and hear and see,
My precious mother is with me.

Even though she won't read this on this list, thanks Sister Josephine for your contribution.  It's a little allegorical and perhaps even metaphorical in the treatment of motherhood.

And now may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep you safe throughout the night and especially in these last days in which we live.  For those of you whose mother is still alive, don't just wait to tell her how much you appreciate what she did and perhaps still is doing on just one day of the year, but do it throughout the year.  Another example of this is Thanksgiving Day.  We should thank God and in addition people for what they do for and with us throughout the year, not on a special day.  I think you know where I'm coming from, and if this sounds repititious, then so be it.  Anyway good night and sweet dreams all of you.  Your Christian brother, Paul