[Faith-talk] Good Night Message for Tuesday, May 22 2012

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Wed May 23 02:06:10 UTC 2012

Hello and good evening to all my fellow saints of the Most High God.  Hope I got you all in my distribution list.  Oh well, if I don't I'll hear about it later.  Anyway let's carry on, shall we? I hope that your day went well.  Today I got the Elite version of the Keurig coffee maker along with the special K-cups from a local franchise of Bed, Bath & Beyond.  With two coupons to help reduce the price, the total cost to me was $126 which I hope will be worth it, once I get the hang of how to use the appliance.  Thankfully, one of our church members will be around to set things up and show me how to do specific tasks.

Our inspirational words this evening come again from our poetic companion Edna Abbott whom we heard from last night.  Her contribution for this evening is entitled "The Sacrifice of Praise," based on Hebrews 13:15, and is rendered as follows:

Since Jesus Christ was crucified
And shed His blood for man
He was the all-time Sacrifice
According to God's plan.

We no more offer bulls and goats
To take away our sin
For God devised a different way
To give us life within.

God still wants us to sacrifice
In several kinds of ways;
I kinda like to give to God
The sacrifice of praise.

It makes me happy when I thank
The Lord for what I've got
For He has blessed me bountifully
And given me a lot.

I feel the Lord is really pleased
When we've good stuff to say,
I think the sacrifice of praise
Might really make His day.

And now may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us all safe throughout the night and especially in these last days in which we live.  This is the ardent and fervent prayer and desire of your Christian brother, Paul.