[Faith-talk] Good Night Message for Wednesday, May 23 2012 and a Prayer Request

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Thu May 24 01:30:31 UTC 2012

Well, as the day is slowly waning in North America in the east at least, would like to send you a good night message for this evening.  I trust that, by God's matchless grace and His providential care, that you all had a good day today.  Mine was just an ordinary day, hanging out on the computer and going to my midweek Bible study where we studied I Peter 3:12-19.  It was a good study.

Our words of inspiration this evening consist of only one verse of a hymn that I hardly hear sung nowadays, but it is still good nonetheless.  I'm not sure, but I think the words were written by John Greenleaf Whittier (1807-1892).  The title of the hymn is "O Brother Man," and the first verse, recalled from memory, is rendered as follows:

O, brother man
Fold to thy heart, thy brother.
Where pity dwells
The peace of God is there.
To worship rightly
Is to love each other;
Each smile a hymn,
Each kindly deed a prayer.

Don't know why I chose this one, I suppose because of the emotional attachment I have to it.  There are, I think, three verses to this venerable old hymn.

My prayer request is as follows: As many of you know, I'm the on-call overnight volunteer for our local crisis pregnancy center with my shift going from midnight to 6 a.m. eastern time.  Pray that I stay alert, and that, if a lady calls contemplating an abortion, that I would have the right words to say, would say them in the right manner and at an opportune time.  Thanks in advance for your prayers.

And now may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us all safe throughout the night and especially in these last days in which we live.  Your Christian brother, Paul