[Faith-talk] An Early Morning Good Night Message

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Mon May 28 05:29:31 UTC 2012

Well folks, time just slipped away, and for most of you, you'll probably read this in the morning.  Nonetheless would like to post it now.  The old saying is still true: Better late than never.  Anyway hope you all had a peaceful and restful sleep overnight.  Now if you live on the Pacific Coast, Alaska or Hawaii then you will get this message in time, but the majority of us don't live there.

Our words of inspiration come from the pen of a well-known lady who was known as the "Ambassador of Sunshine." Born in Lorraine Ohio she had an early childhood talent for poetry.  Will keep most of you in suspense as to who she was, but maybe you can detect her style in the following contribution.  The name of her poem is entitled "Fulfillment," and is rendered as follows:

Apple blossoms bursting wide now beautify the tree,
And make a springtime picture that is beautiful to see.
Oh, fragrant lovely blossoms, you'll make a bright bouquet
If I but break your branches from the apple tree today.

But if I break your branches and make your beauty mine,
You'll bear no fruit in season when severed from the vine.
For when we cut ourselves away from guidance that's divine,
Our lives will be as fruitless as the branch without the vine.

For as the flowering branches depend upon the tree,
To nourish and fulfill them till they reach maturity,
We too must be dependent on our Father up above,
For we are but the branches, and He is the tree of love.

And there you have it for now.  It's so true: If you have to wait for something a little longer, you appreciate it all the more, and especially the person who got you what you wanted or needed.  And now may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep you safe throughout this night and into the next day.  Your Christian brother, Paul