[Faith-talk] Good Night Message for Tuesday, November 20 2012

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 02:03:39 UTC 2012

Hello and good day to you all.  I hope and pray that, by God's matchless grace and His providential care, that your day went well or is going well, depending where in this world you happen to live.

Before I give you the article appended to this message, I must tell you that we have three people who are in urgent need of prayer.  The first is Karolyn Phillips of Guthrie OK, founder of Seasons of Refreshing Fellowship.  This morning she suffered a massive heart attack; in fact on the way to a heart hospital in Oklahoma City OK she died, but paramedics were able to restart her heart.  So please pray for her situation.  The second is for Jacqueline Eberle of Hallandale Beach FL.  She received the bad news that she has a blood disorder that does not allow her body to fight off any allergies that may attack it.  So please pray for that situation.  And lastly but certainly not least, please pray for Curtis Martin of Woodbridge VA who this morning had some severe chest pains.  It later transpired that he had some kidney problems and that possibly he may have diabetes.  I know this is a lot, but with God on their side, these people can overcome any seemingly insurmountable problems.  Thanks in advance for your prayers on their behalf, as I know they will be appreciated.

Ruth Andrews comes to us today with her article entitled "God's Creation," rendered as follows:

Psalm 104 uses poetic language to tell of God laying the foundations of the earth, setting the sun and moon in their places, and providing every growing thing.

Have you thought of what a beautiful and amazing place earth is? Man can lay claim to impressive building feats.  With engineering and architectural skills, man has constructed places such as Hoover Dam, the Golden Gate Bridge, and other beautiful structures.

However, only God could form the Grand Canyon, the mountains, or the subtle beauty of the plains.

You do not need to travel to observe God's wonders.  Hanging from my porch is a birdhouse intended for decoration.  A mother wren chose it for her new home. The bird worked endlessly, stick by stick by blade of grass, to build a nest.

Eventually the mother wren was sitting on a nest of white-and-brown-speckled eggs. When the eggs hatched, the mother wren was kept busy finding food for her babies. The time came when the young birds flew away. I had enjoyed each scene as it was played out. I kind of missed my little neighbors when they were gone.

The family of wrens did not worry whether their needs would be met. God had provided everything important to them. God does that for us too.

Summer is a good time to observe the miracles around us. Watch a hummingbird hover over a flower, its wings nearly invisible in motion. Walk in a field of wildflowers and know that no human being planted or tends it. Watch a prarie dog race for its hole, poke its head out, and bark a warning at you.

In southwest Oklahoma the land goes from gently rolling to flat. You would not expect to find a mountain range, yet there they are, the Wichitas, low but rugged, jutting up across the horizon.

The writer of Psalm 65 observed the world around him. V8 extols the beauty of the dawn and dusk. Imagine a glorious sunrise and sunset. Isaiah 55:12 says, "The trees of the field shall clap their hands." Can you see the trees' branches swaying in the wind?

Take time to be out-of-doors. God has created so many wonders for our wise use and enjoyment. Who else but God could design such a world?

I know that this article is seasonally out of date, but I hope it was a good one, nonetheless.

And now may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and collectively, throughout this night or day and especially in these last days in which we live. Your Christian brother and friend, Paul