[Faith-talk] thanksgiving

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 22 15:27:01 UTC 2012

Hi all,
I cannot believe its that time again. I reflect on the sacrafice the pilgrims made to come here to settle a new world. I can name a lot I’m thankful for.
Hope you all have friends or family to spend tomorrow with. I’m spending it with my immediate family and my brother’s wife.
We’ve got our lovely honey baked ham here but we will eat our main meal at my grandmothers. She’s in assisted living so its easy for us to spend time with her at her place.
In the past we had thanksgiving here at the long dining room table by dim light and candle light. The light was provided by our nice chandelier and the table filled with hot pots of food. We even had filets and ham a few years instead of turkey. Mom decided that because we all enjoyed steak more than turkey. so we did that. One year we tried frying a turkey outside but it got overcooked.
I remember the years my mom baked pies for thanksgiving. This year only a ham and a few side dishes around thanksgiving, but our main meal is with grandmother. Still a good holiday.
What is your favorite thanksgiving dish and thing to cook?

Happy thanksgiving.
Ashley