[Faith-talk] Good Night Message for Sunday, September 30 2012

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 01:19:10 UTC 2012

Well, here in North America, we're coming to the end of September and into what I call the real fall or autumn season, depending on which term you prefer.  On the other hand you in New Zealand and parts of Australia are enjoying the Spring season.  Just out of curiosity, are there parts of Australia that have truly the four seasons that we have in North America of spring, fall, summer and winter? Of course they would be the exact opposite of what we in the western hemisphere would experience, but was just curious.

How was your day today in the Lord? Mine was good, by God's matchless grace and His providential care.  Tomorrow here begins another workweek, for those of us who are gainfully employed.

Shirley Hile Powell has graced our screen readers or Braille displays previously with her poetic talents, and today is no exception.  Her contribution this time around is entitled "Awesome Wonder," rendered as follows:

I sit in awesome wonder
Mesmerized by the beauty of Fall,
The last explosion of color
Before Winter makes its call.
The hills are lined with pillars of gold
With red jewels scattered by their side,
While orange and greens are entwined
Where wild grapevines appear to be tied.

I can't get enough of the beauty
Even though I truly try.
It's so hard to let go of the colors
Knowing it shall all soon die.
Row after row of red sumac
Glistens by the sassafras fair.
All add to the beauty of Autumn
Before north winds shake them bare.

Autumn is surely the crown jewel
Of every season on earth,
So I must remember the elegance
Until Spring brings us new birth.
I must hold onto good memories
And let them linger long in my mind,
So God presented us with Autumn,
His wondrous gifts to mankind.

Although most likely she probably won't read this, and for all any reader knows she might have gone home to be with her Lord, we thank Shirley Hile Powell and the Gospel Messenger magazine for this poem.

And now until tomorrow evening when, Lord willing another good night message will be presented, may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and collectively, throughout this night or day and especially in these last days in which we live.  Your Christian friend and brother, Paul