[Faith-talk] Good Night Message for Monday, October 1 2012

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 00:43:59 UTC 2012

Well, here in North America, it's either the evening of October 1 or the afternoon of the same day.  Whatever it is, I hope that your day or evening are going well, by God's matchless grace and His providential care, and for those of you in other parts of the world, I hope that October 2 is going well for you.  (Hey, that rhymes, and I didn't mean it that way).

Milly Patzer is a poetess who has not graced our computer screens, screen readers or Braille displays as of yet, but her contribution for today is simply entitled "October," rendered as follows:

When the skies get dark and cloudy,
It is surely going to rain.
When the nights are growing colder,
Then Fall has come again.

It's that lovely season
When leaves turn red and gold,
When though the sun shines brightly,
The days are often cold.
Night now comes so early,
Summer flowers cease to bloom.
Morning fogs drift in the valleys
To create an early morning gloom.

The garden sounds are quiet now,
The birds no longer sing.
Flying high up in the sky,
The geese are on the wing.
The winds of Fall will grow stronger,
The dry leaves will swirl and blow
And snuggle softly on the ground
To wait for Winter's snow.

And there you have Milly's contribution for today.  You know, that line about "morning fogs drift in the valleys" reminds me of a time in the early 1990's when, with my sighted guide and driver Ed, we were visiting some friends in Boone NC right along the Blue Ridge Parkway, that ribbon of blacktop that stretches 469 miles from Rockfish Gap VA to near Asheville NC.  Ed told me that, several mornings while staying with this family, fogs did indeed blanket the valley.  Maybe some of you who live in or near the Parkway can attest to this.

And now until tomorrow when, Lord willing another good night message will be presented, I pray that the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and collectively, throughout the night or day and especially in these last days in which we live.  Your Christian friend and brother, Paul