[Faith-talk] Good Night Message for Thursday, September 6 2012

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 01:58:35 UTC 2012

Well, here we are, at least in North America, at the close of another day, one that the Lord has graciously given us to live and hopefully to work for His good pleasure.  How was your day today? Mine was good, especially considering the fact that I now have a mailbox on the Yack Shack telephone chat line.  I hope that those of you in other parts of this world are having a good Friday.

Mrs. Mildred Snow McGuffin of Alamosa CO graces our screen readers today with her poem simply entitled "Concerts," rendered as follows:

Heaven gave a concert
A day or two just Past.
The curtained sky was clouded and hid the player cast.
The brasses shone light lightning;
The violins did breeze.
The base viols were the tossing
Of little lakes and seas.

And then was heard the harpstrings of rain
Of rain on sseas and lands,
And presently the angels
With thunder clapped their hands.

And as the concert ended,
The curtain disappeared
To let the sun and rainbow say
A final silent word.

And there you have Sister Mildred's contribution.  Hope you enjoyed it.

And now may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and collectively, throughout this night or day and especially in these last evil days in which we live.  Your Christian friend and brother, Paul