[Faith-talk] Good Night Message for Monday, September 17 2012

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 18 00:50:38 UTC 2012

Yes, that time has finally come around, time for us North Americans, at least here on the east coast, to think about preparing to retire for the evening.  You in the central, mountain and Pacific time zones have a little time yet, unless, of course, you wish to stay up and be a night owl.  Ditto for my fellow East Coasters.  Anyway how was your day today? Mine was good, by God's matchless grace and His providential care, except for one minor thing which I hope can be solved sometime tomorrow.

Chris Ahlemann contributed today's verse.  Entitled simply "Freedom," it is rendered as follows:

Freedom is more than
the absence of slavery.
Freedom supersedes rights
to unrestricted movement,
uncensored speech,
uninhibited worship.

Freedom releases the spirit--
It liberates the soul from
chains of defeat;
it emancipates the mind
from the bondage of fear;
it delivers the ego
from the shackles of self-pity.

Freedom is the independence
to be who I am.
It is spreading wings of faith
to soar above the clouds
of temporal living.
Freedom is communion with God.

And now may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and collectively, throughout this night or day and especially in these last days in which we live.  Your Christian friend and brother, Paul