[Faith-talk] Good Night Message for Wednesday, September 26 2012

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 01:58:15 UTC 2012

Hello folks.  We're back with the good night messages.  Had a wonderful time with my new friend Carol Taylor whom I hope to interest in joining one or more of these lists, but only with the Lord guiding me in this endeavor.  I hope that, by God's matchless grace and His providential care, that your day went well or if you live in other parts of the world, that your Friday is going well.

The author of today's autumnal poem is the undersigned, something I wrote for our Christian Poetry Society meeting several days ago.  Entitled "The Golden Path," it is rendered as follows:

Autumn is the time of year
When I feel so close to God,
As I walk the golden path in woods
And feel the crisp, cool sod.

The colorful hills are awesome
And they take my breath away.
I sit on a hollow, forgotten log
To talk to God and pray.

The golden trees appear like lamps
Along our country lane.
Their glow is a spectacular sight
Against fields of ripened grain.

The sky is of the purest blue
That makes the sunshine bright,
Even the stars in the heavens glow
With a brilliant, dazzling light.

I thank my God for the Autumn
And the splendor that it brought.
I'll remember well the beauty and joy
And relive them in my thoughts.

And there you have it for today.  Naturally, being totally blind, I "saw" some of this in my mind, but some of it came back to me when in fact I lived in the country in the southern part of Lancaster County PA near the town of Quarryville.

And now until tomorrow night when, Lord willing another good night message will be presented, may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and collectively, throughout this night and especially in these last days.  Your Christian friend and brother, Paul