[Faith-talk] joining the comunities of faith division

Kirt Manwaring kirt.crazydude at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 01:43:53 UTC 2013

Jenny,
  I'll send this message and bow out of here before I get a moderator
warning or get flagged as off-topic or something.  I don't mean to
offend; furthermore, I realize the comparison I'm about to make isn't
perfect and I'm not even wanting to remotely imply that the NFB should
be treated like a religion.
  Still, as a former Mormon, I remember all the times I got frustrated
by the people who said things like "I don't want anything to do with
your church because it's not really Christian," "I don't want anything
to do with cults so I won't even talk to you," etc etc.  I guess I'm
only trying to say that, just as many people dismiss your church
without even giving it a fair shot, lots of people want nothing to do
with the NFB in general, or national conventions in particular, just
because of things they may have heard or misconceptions that might not
even be true at all.  If you've already been to a convention and
decided it's not for you, feel free to disregard this whole message.
Still, I can't help but wonder if your seemingly dismissive attitude
isn't really all that different from the way many people treat your
church before they even experience what it's like?
  Just my two cents.  Take this for what it's worth.
  Best,
Kirt