[Faith-talk] Daily Thought for Saturday, August 18, 2013

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 17 18:31:26 UTC 2013

Hello to all of you reading these lines.  I hope and pray that, by God's matchless grace and His providential care, that your day is going well, went well or about to go well, the latter being if you're just waking up on a hopefully beautiful Lord's Day Sunday morning.

Our Daily Thought message is very short today, a poem actually, written by the lady I told you about several days ago, Malinda Fillingim.  I'll mention the question again:  Do any of you know her and does she still live in South Carolina? I think that, after reading this poem she wrote several years ago, that some of you in the Palmetto State might like to do some research on her.  Perhaps she is a member of the alumni association of the South Carolina School for the Blind.  Anyway won't delay.  The name of her poem is simply entitled "Faith Walking" and is rendered as follows:

Faith that believes in the darkness,
Hope that shines through the night,
Love that holds me together,
All give my blind eyes clear sight.

The valley may be deep,
My burdens hard to bear,
But knowing God is with me
Helps my heart not to fear.

And there it is, short but sweet.  I don't know about you, but when I first read this poem over a year ago it spoke to me very powerfully, and I pray that the same sentiments expressed by Sister Malinda also spoke to you as well.  It is possible that she could be using a pseudonym, although, in my heart of hearts, I don't believe it.  Anyway thanks for anyone tracking her down, whether you live in South Carolina or any other place.

And now may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and collectively, throughout these last days in which we live.  Your Christian friend and brother, Paul