[Faith-talk] Daily Thought for Sunday, August 25, 2013

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 25 22:06:42 UTC 2013

Hello and good day to all of you, no matter what time of day it is or even day of the week.  I hope that, by God's matchless grace and His providential care, that your day is going well or went well, depending on when you read this.

Debbie Sho is someone I've not come across before in my reading, but she wrote either a free verse or a blank verse poem entitled "His Loving Kindness," rendered as follows:

A million miles from home.
How could I have strayed so far?
I thought as I neared
The end of the road.
For I landed on a distant shore,
So sure that in anger
He'd demand retribution,
Only to find grace and mercy.
Then the Son warmed my heart with His kindness.
His wave of compassion swept over me,
Covering the sandy ruins of my life.
A gentle mist soon surrounded my soul.
His sea breeze so cool and refreshing
Blew into my being
Comfort, peace, and joy
And drew me back to Him,
My first love.

I don't know about you, but there is something mysteriously comforting about Debbie's lines here.  I suppose that's because I'm trying to find four people who were there for me when I was going through a bit of an emotional breakdown some time ago, and I just want to find out how they are doing.  Anyway I hope that some of you found comfort in her lines.

And now may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and collectively, in these last days in which we live.  Your Christian friend and brother, Paul