[Faith-talk] Daily Thought for Thursday, December 12, 2013

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 21:37:52 UTC 2013

Hello and good day to you all.  I hope that all of you are doing well, by God's matchless grace and His providential care.

As promised yesterday, we're going to have a Christmas carol trivia question, so here goes.

There is a beloved carol that many people know and love and sing at this time of year, but the song has some things left out.  You will not find a mention of Christ, Jesus or even the Lord in this carol.  Sure, you'll find references to a King, a manger and shepherds.  The two questions about this carol are as follows:  What is its name, and why did the author not include any reference to Christ, Jesus or even the Lord? Some thought it was "The First Noel," but there is a reference to the Lord in that particular carol.  Anyway will let you mull over that.  Not only will I give you the answers, but will also cite the source for my information.

And now may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and collectively, in these last days in which we live.  Lord willing, tomorrow there will be a longer Daily Thought message.  Your Christian friend and brother, Paul