[Faith-talk] Braille Music

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 27 11:24:38 UTC 2013

As far as memorizing song lyrics is concerned, back in the days when some of
our forefathers in this country couldn't read, words to songs, especially
folk songs, were passed down from generation to generation and memorized.
The Folklife Center in the Library of Congress has an abundance of
recordings showcasing a number of people who themselves learned from this
method.  Sadly, in about the early 1980's they stopped releasing albums of
these recordings, some of which, in my opinion, were truly outstanding
artistically, if not in their methods of recording.  If you'd like to
attempt to hear some of these (and I'm not completely sure they are there),
check out http://www.loc.gov/folklife.  If you can find them, happy
listening.  Paul