[Faith-talk] PRAYER REQUEST

Anita Ogletree anita.ogletree63 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 23:42:36 UTC 2013

Hello!
My name is Anita.  This is my second time joining this list.
Some of you may remember me from several years back.

Since then I have changed zip codes.  Almost two years ago I
moved from Alabama where I was boffn to Virginia.  It was time
for me to leave behind my past and build something new.

I have faced challenges that I couldn't have overcome without
God's love.  After all, besides the two children that have
claimed me as their Naina, their mother and my fiancee, I don't
know very many people.  But I believe all that is going to
change.

I just wanted to share a little bit about myself on this list.  I
don't have a problem making friends but I haven't been a lot of
places to do that.

One of the things I think is sad is that there is usually no more
than one person that is blind in the churches I've visited.  Most
of the time I am the first blind person to walk through their
doors.  For years I was the only member in my family church that
was blind.  But, I digress.

I am requesting prayer because I have finally found what I
believe is going to be a blessing for me as well as for other
blind people.  And I must admit that I regret I had not realized
this before now.  By now, my business could have been thriving
and I might not have felt so defeated because things always came
to a halt.  I atended 2 colleges but do not have a degree from
either.  The lack of braille materials hurt me a great deal
although I didn't know that until recently.  As far as the jobs I
couldn't hold onto, I believe those probably weren't in God's
plan for me.  I was just trying to find myself.  Nevertheless, I
consider each experience to be stepping stones I had to climb to
get where I am now.

Please pray with me for success in getting my business up and
running smooth.  I am enrolled in the Braille Literacy course and
I would like to become certified as a transcriber using that to
start a business.

Having access to braille is vital to the success of blind
children and adults.  This is my way of joining the fight to save
braille.

I feel a little fearful because 50 is knocking at my door.  Most
of my peers have 25 to 30 years advance on me.  I am truly
inspired by the stories of other successful blind people.  It has
taken me too long--I think' to get to this point.

In The Book of Jeremiah chapter 29 verse 11, the Bible says:
  For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the
LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected
end.
I believe that and it is the reason why I am excited about all of
the possibilites that are ahead.

So I am asking for your prayers and I pray that I will be able to
meet some of you outside of cyberspace.

Have a blessed night.

Anita