[Faith-talk] Update on Chris's Dad: Cancer!

Doris and Chris chipmunks at gmx.net
Thu Jan 10 03:16:19 UTC 2013

Before the holidays, I asked for prayer for Chris's dad (Chris is my
husband). Manfred, Chris's dad has been in the hospital since
December 20th when a rather sizable brain tumor was found on the MRI
that had been made because Chris's dad had had some problems with
motor coordination and some other cognitive abilities.

Chris's dad elected to stay in the hospital rather than go home over
Christmas as originally. He then had a CT scan on December 28 and
brain surgery on January 4.

Chris's dad has been delirious since the surgery. We do not know if
the surgery was only to biopsy the tumor as Manfred thought or also
to remove the tumor as much as was possible.

We learned from Chris's brother only today that the results of the
biopsy came back positive, i.e. that Manfred's tumor is malignant, cancerous.

When we heard from Manfred, the doctors were still waiting on the
results of the CT scan to determine whether to attempt chemo therapy.

Chris's dad is in no position to contribute much to the decision on
his furhter treatment but has told his wife Ingrid and Chris's
brother that he did not wish to live if his tumor was not curable.
Under the circumstances, having him undergo chemo seems to only mean
further suffering.

Please pray for wisdom and also empathy with Manfred for the doctors
and medical staff, healing or a quick and peaceful way home to the
Lord for Manfred and the Lord's peace for everyone involved.

Thanks much and God Bless,

Doris