[Faith-talk] Daily Thought for Monday, July 1, 2013

Paul oilofgladness47 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 19:11:08 UTC 2013

Hello and good day to all my fellow saints of the Most High God.  I hope and pray that your day is going well or went well, whatever time of day it is in your locale.

Since there are so many people traveling at this time of year, whether one goes to conventions or camps for or of the blind or perhaps taking a trip to visit friends or relatives who live in distant areas of your country, I thought that I'd present an article today whose author is not named.  The article in question is entitled "Ten Commandments for Travelers," rendered as follows:

1.   Thou shalt not expect to find all things precisely as they were at home, for thou hast left home to find things different!

2.   Thou shalt not take anything too seriously, for a carefree mind is the cornerstone of a good vacation.

3.   Thou shalt not let other tour members get on thy nerves, for thou art paying good money to enjoy thyself.  (comment from me:  This assumes that you're in a tour group).

4.   Thou shalt not worry, for he that worrieth hath little joy.

5.   Thou shalt not judge all people of a country by one person with whom thou hast had a problem.

6.   Blessed are they who can wait and smile, for they shall enjoy themselves.

7.   Thou shalt do only somewhat as the natives do.

8.   Thou shalt carry the American passport with thee at all times in a safe place, nor shall ye pack it in thy suitcase, for it is said that a man with a passport is a man without a country.  (comment from this compiler:  Should the word "with" mean "without a passport"? This might also apply to others who are not Americans as well).

9.   Thou canst be welcome in every land.  Treat thy hosts with respect and thou shalt be an honored guest.

10.  Bless thy travel agent, for he worketh hard in thy behalf and he deserveth.

And there you have it for today.  For those of you about to embark on a trip to places near and far this week or summer, I pray that God will grant you and your companions traveling mercies.

And now may the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob just keep us safe, individually and collectively, in these last days in which we live.  Your Christian friend and brother, Paul