[Faith-talk] What do you want sighted pastors and church members to know?

Linda Mentink mentink at frontiernet.net
Sun Jul 14 02:14:07 UTC 2013

Greg,

I need a little time to think about this, but one thing I'll say
right now: pastors and those in church leadership need to be willing
to listen to us when we express a need or desire. The worst thing
they can do is to have a separate section for the disabled, and
isolate us from the rest of the congregation.

I have more to say, but I'll wait and see what else comes up here.

You may want to contact Ken and Theresa Taylor. They shared at our
meeting last year. Theresa said she was in a seminary class where
there were pastors who didn't want blind people in their churches.

Blessings,

Linda